Direct Market Food Sales in Virginia Information Sheet
A new resource from Virginia Cooperative Extension: Direct Market Food Sales in Virginia.
This reference sheet answers these questions:
- What are potential markets for my product?
- Who regulates direct market food sales such as farmers’ markets?
- Do foods sold at these direct markets need to be inspected?
- Which foods can be processed without a state inspection?
- How do I get started in direct market sales?
- How can Extension help?
Prepared by the Virginia Tech Department of Food Science and Technology.
Virginia Cooperative Extension has publications and educational resources about a variety of topics, including Agricultural Business, Finance, & Marketing, Agricultural Systems, Animal Agriculture, Crops & Soils, Foods, Nutrition, & Health, and Specialty Agriculture. Visit the pubs.ext.vt.edu website to see all publications.
Click below to enlarge or click here to download a PDF.
Tags: marketing resources